Escape In You is here and to celebrate I’m giving away some stuff! All week I’ve been tweeting about awesome bloggers who are participating in my book blitz. Each blog will be giving away a free ebook copy of Escape In You. Follow me on twitter for links to the sites and your chance to win a copy.
I’m also giving away a $50 Amazon gift card. You can enter through rafflecopter here:
Lastly, I’m giving away a signed paperback copy of the book to one of my readers. Entering to win is super easy. Below you’ll find a series of questions I answered for the book blitz. One of these answers will tell you about one of my greatest fears. Leave me a comment and let me know what you’re secretly afraid of. I’ll randomly choose from the comments to pick a winner!
If you’ve already read Escape In You, I’d love to hear what you think! Hope everyone is having a great week–only two days until Friday!
What can you tell us about Zoe? Zoe is a girl who has had to go through a lot of changes in her life. There was a time when Zoe was your typical high school student—she got good grades, had lots of friends, and gossiped with her mom about cute boys after school. All of that changed for Zoe when her Mom started to have issues. She had to move, she lost her friends, members of her family, and her dreams for the future. By the time she meets Jet Taylor, Zoe feels very trapped in her life. She parties a lot as a way to escape but she doesn’t think long-term freedom will ever be possible for her. Even with all of these hardships, Zoe is really loyal to her friends and her mother. She comes across as a bit of a badass, and she really is very strong, but she shows Taylor a more vulnerable side.
What’s the deal with Jet? Why does Zoe call him Taylor? How many names does that kid have, anyhow? Taylor does seem to have a lot of names, LOL! Different people call him different things, and you can actually tell a lot about his relationships by what he’s called. His full name is Jeremy Edward Taylor. The people who have known him the longest, like his parents, still call him Jeremy. It represents his past, before things got messed up in his life. Jet, on the other hand, is a high school nickname given to him based on his initials and his speed on the baseball diamond. By the time he meets Zoe, Jet has become a bit of an illusion. He’s not that person anymore. He recommends Zoe call him by his last name, Taylor, and she’s the only one who does so. This is important, because Zoe is also the only one who really sees Taylor for who he is.
Can you give us five random facts about Escape In You? I like random facts! Here we go:
- This is my ninth book! I also wrote it faster than any other book I’ve ever written. By the time I started writing I knew exactly how the story would go. That never happens to me!
- This is the first book I’ve written without a cameo from one of my Three Girl characters (the Three Girls are from a chick lit series I wrote). I decided since Escape In You feels so different from my chick-lit books, I would keep the Three Girls separate. In the end, I kind of missed having them pop up.
- This is the first book where I’ve based a character on someone I know in real life. Don’t worry, it’s a small part and he said it was okay!
- I may or may not have a huge crush on Taylor’s friend, Fred. I have an entire backstory for him planned out that didn’t make the book. I might have to revisit that someday…
- Ellie’s reaction to the roller coasters in the Cedar Point scene is pretty much the same as mine. I’m terrified of heights. I actually like roller coasters, but only once they start to go downhill. The whole way up I’m a huge mess.